Feb 11, 2013

Menu Plan Monday - Week of 2/11/13

It was certainly a long Monday to start out this week. Evie popped out her two bottom teeth last Wednesday night in the midst of a nasty head cold. So, of course, she passed on her icky cold germs on to Mama. I feel alright, but my nose is wreaking havoc on my face, and I feel like I'm hacking up a lung every time I cough. BUT - the day turned around: I came home to the most playful, happy, and beautiful little girl ever, who was full of kisses and giggles for her mama. :)

Don't you just want to kiss those cheeks?!
After some cuddle and play time with little miss, Trey and I changed clothes and headed out the door to do our Day 1: Couch to 5K challenge activity. Yes, we've jumped on the band wagon. No, not because we want to be cool, but because we can't afford to keep buying bigger clothes and neither of us are going to waste spend money on the gym. Running is free, so that's what we'll do. Today's challenge, briskly walk 5 minutes, jog 2 minutes, then walk another 5...easy enough for day 1. Even with my head cold, I put on a happy face and kept up with my resolution. I've got pounds to shed and the attitude to get it done. Huzzah!

Ok - on to some menu planning...  




Thursday: Cuban Ropa Vieja

Friday: Picadillo, Yuca, and Plantains

Saturday: The man had better take me out since I cooked on V-Day! ;)

Sunday: Fend for yourself day! 

Let me tell you, that chicken panini was scrumptious!! Tie those apron strings and get to cooking, y'all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment